Monday, June 29, 2009

Contents of my disastrous purse.. the month of JUNE

is almost OVER!  Thank goodness as it was purely hectic & insane … perhaps the most insane month of my whole entire motherhood existence of almost 9 years.

As I reflect over the past 6 months, I realize:

  • sales are DOWN 18% (waah) compared to 2008 BUT they are UP 150% compared to 2007 (gotta find that silver lining!)
  • I have done more for my kids in the past month than my business
  • I still haven’t found the balance I’ve been looking for in managing this business & family life
  • Competition has increased about 200% since I began doing this

As I reflect over this emptied out purse that has been carried w/me this past month, I see:

  • a packet of otter pops
  • 2 energizer rechargeable (dead) batteries
  • about a dozen sunflower seeds
  • popcorn pieces
  • a yellow skittle
  • a nail file
  • a blue bicstic
  • nasty unwrapped green trident (YUCK!)
  • a Picadilly gift card
  • packing slip
  • a hefty cheerleading uniform bill
  • large paperclip
  • Emma barrette
  • wrappers of ALL kinds
  • lipliner
  • mac lipstick
  • receipts, receipts, receipts
  • an invitation
  • a wadded up diaper
  • sequins
  • sashes from dance recital
  • 3 dirty socks
  • airhead
  • 2 checkbooks
  • 3 pens
  • a purse calendar
  • blackberry
  • 1/2 roll of quarters still in tact
  • coupons
  • dollartree ad
  • Coldplay ticket stub (AWESOME CONCERT!!)

Okay.. that’s enough!  Can you tell I have been running around like a chicken w/my head cut off?  Baseball & Softball are officially over but there are still other activities… 

Long story short…

BEAR WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!  I’M BEYOND WAY BEHIND!!!

Hope everyone else is enjoying the peace & relaxation of summer!  As I deal with this heat wave we’ve had

temp

our kids are now enjoying a nice little addition to our backyard

pool

Did I mention, I LOVE THIS THING!?  The kids are having such a blast in it & it’s been such easy maintenance!  All the kids in this pic look like giants but it really is the perfect size for my kiddies :)

Happy Summer!!

09blogsig

No comments: